Re: status of utf-8.el, etc [Re: Several serious problems]

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: status of utf-8.el, etc [Re: Several serious problems]
Date: 04 Oct 2002 23:26:45 +0100

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

> Since 21.4 fixes most/all of those problems already, I think
> all this work done on 21.3 is wasted.

I'm actually thinking about things that as far as I know haven't been
fixed anywhere.  There's no version of Emacs 21 which runs properly on
the latest Irix, for instance, and people shouldn't have to wait
another year or whatever to be able to use the translation tables or
get a working Emacs on the current IRix, for instance.  It needs
attention particularly so that it isn't released with more problems,
such as the lossage introduced by the compound text stuff which I had
to fix unilaterally.