Re: Rmail changes for Emacs 22

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Rmail changes for Emacs 22
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 09:03:23 +0200 (IST)

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Richard Stallman wrote:

> There is no need to keep Babyl format

I suspect there are lots of people who keep their mail archives in Babyl
format.  While I understand that conversion is possible (even today), it
might be impractical and/or user-unfriendly to require that all of them
be converted.  Especially since Emacs 21 keeps Babyl files in emacs-mule
while earlier versions didn't; this might cause some breakage during
conversion to mbox and the return of the ubiquitous \201 bug.

So I tend to agree with Handa-san on this issue.