Re: customize-style

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: customize-style
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 21:53:53 -0500

    1998-06-23  Richard Stallman  <address@hidden>

            * cus-edit.el (custom-buffer-create-internal): New optional arg
LOCAL;
            set custom-local-buffer locally to that.
            (custom-buffer-create): New optional arg LOCAL.
            (customize-local-variables): New function.
            (custom-default-value): New function.
            (custom-variable-value-create): Use custom-default-value.
            (customize-set-variable): Use custom-set-default.
            (customize-save-variable): Likewise.
            (custom-variable-set, custom-variable-reset-standard): Likewise.
            (custom-variable-save, custom-variable-reset-saved): Likewise.

    My guess is that the UI was supposed to be the
    customize-local-variables function.  The "customize-" prefix is
    reserved for UI commands.  However, no such function is found in the
    source.  Nor does custom-buffer-create have an optional LOCAL arg, or
    customize-set-variable use custom-set-default.

It looks like I made a mistake and failed to check in the code that
goes with the change log entry.  I must have thought I had done so.

It would be a lot of work to try to find that code on backups, and
probably would fail anyway.  But it would not be terribly hard to
write it afresh based on the change log entry.  I could do it, but I
am awfully overloaded.  Would anyone else like to do it?