Re: Customizing fontsets

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: Customizing fontsets
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 14:08:57 +0200

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> In article <address@hidden>, Oliver Scholz <address@hidden> writes:
>> Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
>> [...]
>>>  In other words, a fontset can be re-created by the sequence
>>>  of (TARGET . FONT-SPEC).  So how about recording that
>>>  sequence as a list in each fontset (the order is important).
>>>  I think it's far user-friendly to customize that list than
>>>  to customize char-table elements.  In addition, we can use
>>>  the normal customization facility for a list (INS, DEL) at
>>>  the top level.
>> [...]
>
>> I agree. So that would be done by creating an additional extra slot
>> in the fontset, right?
>
> Yes.  And we need to extract that information from a
> fontset.  How about adding the 2nd optional arg
> CREATION-HISTORY (?) to fontset-info, and if it is non-nil,
> return that list instead.

Why not a separate function?

#define FONTSET_SPEC(fontset)   XCHAR_TABLE (fontset)->extras[3]

DEFUN ("fontset-spec", Ffontset_spec, Sfontset_spec, 1, 1, 0,
       doc: /* FIXME */)
     (name)
     Lisp_Object name;
{
  Lisp_Object fontset;

  (*check_window_system_func) ();

  fontset = check_fontset_name (name);

  return FONTSET_SPEC (fontset);
}

... etc.

    Oliver
--
Oliver Scholz               14 Floréal an 211 de la Révolution
Taunusstr. 25               Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité!