[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:22:30 +0200
I fully agree with Martin to add (most of) cl to the elisp core!
Martin Stjernholm wrote:
> Considering the complexity of many elisp applications there's clearly
> a lack of basic utility functions in the elisp core, specifically
> functions to operate on the built-in data types, e.g. the map, search
> and replace functions in the CL package.
Yes, defstruct is also nice...
> There are many severe drawbacks when every package with the need have
> to avoid or reimplement them. Those drawbacks are so basic that I
> don't think I have to elaborate on that.
> Regarding the issue that Miles Bader raised: I don't request that the
> entire CL library is "blessed"; [...]
Sure, some cl stuff might be questionable, but what I would really like
to avoid is to have to beg for every single cl function.
I would like to see: cl is added, only the truly questionable stuff
is not included. I.e., we will not hear "I don't think this
function is useful" as a reason why a cl function is not included.
And let's not forget: reinventing the wheel isn't fun.
Wedler, Christoph <=
- Re: cc-langs.el, (continued)
- Re: cc-langs.el, Martin Stjernholm, 2003/08/23
- Re: cc-langs.el, Richard Stallman, 2003/08/24
- Re: cc-langs.el, Martin Stjernholm, 2003/08/26
- Message not available
- Re: cc-langs.el, Martin Stjernholm, 2003/08/28
- Re: cc-langs.el, Richard Stallman, 2003/08/29
- Re: cc-langs.el, Kevin Rodgers, 2003/08/29
- Re: cc-langs.el, Miles Bader, 2003/08/29
- Re: cc-langs.el, Martin Stjernholm, 2003/08/30
- Re: cc-langs.el, Miles Bader, 2003/08/30
- Re: cc-langs.el, Richard Stallman, 2003/08/31