Re: emacs and libxml2 (for emacs w3)

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: emacs and libxml2 (for emacs w3)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 01:45:59 +0200

Nic Ferrier <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm wondering about this because emacs is being used (by me at least)
> more and more for XML hacking. I'd like to have a go at adding
> libxml2 into emacs and providing a proper DOM implementation and
> libxml2 based parsers and xslt styling.

A long time ago I wrote a DOM implementation (dom.el) and a first
xpath implementation (xpath.el) to do this kind of thing.  It would
use the xml.el that comes with Emacs to create a list data structure,
and then use dom.el to create a DOM, and then use xpath.el to extract
info.

At the time nobody was interested, and I have since abandoned the
stuff.  It is still available on emacswiki.org, however.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/XmlParser
http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/dom.el
http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/xpath.el
http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/xpath-parser.el