Re: supporting more faces on 256 colors xterms

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: supporting more faces on 256 colors xterms
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:15:43 +0200

> From: Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:29:00 -0800
>
>   > I think that adding a definition for (min-colors 16) is a Good
>   > Thing regardless, as there's rxvt and a 16-color xterm out there.
>
> Thanks for the detailed explanations on how these things currently
> work. I have an updated patch. Could you please test it on
> MSDOS/Windows and tell me if the face colors are the same before and
> after my patch? I don't have access to such a machine, so I cannot
> test this myself.

I will try to do this ASAP, but my ASAP might be too long, given my
current lack of free time.

I've proofread your changes, and they seem to be okay.  So if someone
could actually test them on rxvt or a 16-color xterm or on the Windows
console, I think it's okay to go ahead and commit these changes.  Even
if no one tests them, I think they are still okay to commit (unless
others object to these changes); we can always fix later what might
become broken.

> I added separate "min-colors 16" categories everywhere I thought
> they'd be needed. This way it would be easier to change the
> corresponding colors later, if there's a desire to do so.

An excellent decision, IMHO.  Thanks.