Re: Add M-x occur to the menu-bar

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Add M-x occur to the menu-bar
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 11:41:41 -0500

    But I would like to give the user some control over that.  For instance,
    if next-error-last-buffer were a list with the most recently created
    buffer at the front (like a stack), the user could go back to his/her
    previous next-error task simply by killing the most recent
    compile/grep/occur buffer.  (Those buffers should remove themselves from
    the list when they're killed, so that next-error doesn't have to check
    for a dead buffer.)

Making it a stack of buffers sounds good to me.
Explicit use of a buffer would move it to the front.