RE: typo in frame.el

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: typo in frame.el
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 14:57:39 -0700

Hmmm...  I suppose so. But two silly counter-arguments, then I'll rest:

1) The unwashed masses seem to have digested ":)" OK... And they can handle
magic-eye SIRDS dinosaurs OK. Bringing them up to speed on an ASCII arrow
that pretty-much shows what it says should be a piece of cake, non?

(Then again, at least the Murrikens think Mr. Hussein was in NY on 9/11.)

2) Most emacs users are, and have been, (dare-I-say-it?) programmers. I
doubt that "<=>" is very foreign to most of them. If foreign, I doubt they
would have difficulty picking it up. And emacsers already speak "C-" and
"M-". How hard is this?

Yeah, I know, Emacs is not *aimed* only at programmers, and I would love to
see the Emacs word-processing functionality (and more!) that RMS dreams of.
But, so far...

Cheers & "Uncle!",

   Drew