Re: making iswitchb the default

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: making iswitchb the default
Date: 15 Apr 2004 08:41:55 +0100

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> Ah, the joys of iswitchb -- and the pagan masses who do not
> appreciate... :)

I think there is a bug in iswitchb, as I just tried it, and don't see
anything that could be described as a joy.

With C-x b, I get a descriptive prompt "Switch to buffer (Default
*scratch*): ", and completion works as I'd expect.

With iswitchb-buffer, I get a prompt of "iswitchb " without even a
colon telling me where the prompt ends. I type a couple of letters,
and press tab, the completions buffer that comes up lists all my
buffers, including those that don't match. If I type the full name of
a buffer and hit return, I get some random buffer instead.