Re: compilation-highlight-duration

From: Tak Ota
Subject: Re: compilation-highlight-duration
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 14:35:41 -0700 (PDT)

Tue, 04 May 2004 19:55:02 +0300: Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:

> So I think a better indication method is needed.  For example,
> the same methods of the compilation buffer could be used: aligning
> the source file window on specified context lines (though this is
> not good for source buffers), or setting the fringe arrow.
>
> Another good indication method is persistent (i.e. non-flashing!)
> overlays highlighted with a special face on matching lines in
> compilation output buffer and source code buffer.

How about leaving the highlight until user takes an action so that it
does not annoyingly persist?

-Tak

*** ../../../pure/emacs-21.3.50/lisp/progmodes/compile.el       Mon May  3
07:59:11 2004
--- compile.el  Tue May  4 14:27:16 2004
***************
*** 1564,1570 ****
                  (goto-char (match-beginning 0))
                  (move-overlay compilation-highlight-overlay (match-beginning
0) (match-end 0)))
              (move-overlay compilation-highlight-overlay (point) end))
!           (sit-for 0.5)
            (delete-overlay compilation-highlight-overlay)))))))

--- 1564,1570 ----
                  (goto-char (match-beginning 0))
                  (move-overlay compilation-highlight-overlay (match-beginning
0) (match-end 0)))
              (move-overlay compilation-highlight-overlay (point) end))
!           (sit-for 268435455) ;; eight and half years or until input is
available
            (delete-overlay compilation-highlight-overlay)))))))