Re: Bug tracking

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Bug tracking
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 02:08:05 +0200

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 19:06:38 -0400, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> I doubt a fancy `issue tracker' would make a whole lot of difference --

I was not saying "fancy".  In fact, I have no preference for one or
another, and simple is enough.  But certainly a text file is not what I
was talking about.  I bet it won't be useful.  No, scratch that.  I bet
it won't be used.

> I think the best thing for help to get TODO more used would be a bit more
> structure / categorization in the file, to make it less daunting for
> first-time viewers, and an easy way for regular developers to see changes to
> it, without having to explicitly _do_ something, e.g., a special mailing list
> just for commit diffs to TODO.

So, we should develop a simple issue tracker, instead of using a simple,
already-existing issue tracker...

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u