Re: All platforms fail with Unicode in menus.

From: Stefan
Subject: Re: All platforms fail with Unicode in menus.
Date: 28 Aug 2004 18:38:58 -0400

> I don't know what system David originally used, but I used GNU/Linux on x86,
> with gcc 3.4.1.

OK, so GCPROs won't help.

> If the GCPROs don't help, can for example static Lisp_Object:s be the source
> of this problem?

Yes, very much so.  You need to `staticpro' them.

> Are there any other cases where Lisp_Object:s should be protected?

Well, Lisp_Objects in the stack are protected by stack scanning or GCPRO,
Lisp_Objects in the static area are protected by staticpro, and Lisp_Objects
in the heap are protected by tracing, so you should make sure that any
Lisp_Objects in the heap are properly traced (typically, that means that
they are properly handled by mark_object).

        Stefan