Re: [rmail-mbox-branch]: mail-utils

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [rmail-mbox-branch]: mail-utils
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 04:57:46 -0400

    My "lightweight" implementation is currently ~20KB (organized in 6
    files) plus ~16KB of new code for mail-utils.el file.

    I'm perfectly fine with the idea to put those 20KB in one file (let's
    call it lisp/mail/mime.el)

Yes, let's do that.

    > I cannot follow this part.  If we are replacing and eliminating the
    > code in lisp/gnus/rfc*.el, why talk about patching those files?

    You're right, that sounds suboptimal.  However, I'm afraid that Gnus
    people will not like the idea of adapting Gnus to a new code and I
    don't want to force them to do this.

Sorry, what does this refer to?  Force them to do what?