Re: Windows clipboard copy/paste

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: Windows clipboard copy/paste
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:43:32 +0100

Hi David,

David Hanak writes:
> I'm using NT/Emacs 21.3.50.1 [...]

> And I have some trouble copying international text to/from the
> system clipboard.

I just some days ago posted a patch to use Unicode on the Windows
clipoard (look for the subject "Unicode support for the MS Windows
clipboard").  So if you can build your own Emacs you could try that.

> Most of the time I need to copy latin-2 characters (Hungarian being
> my mothertounge), although every once in a while it would be
> advantageous to be able to copy other international characters as
> well.

On Windows, realistically only using Unicode will help to
cut-and-paste text in an encoding that is not the same as the default
system 8-bit encoding.  The current Emacs can't do that properly
regardless how you configure it.

benny