Refcard for Gnus in a single file?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Refcard for Gnus in a single file?
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:52:26 +0100

Hi,

while discussing[1] the inclusion of the Gnus reference card in Emacs,
Richard asked me if it is possible to replace the five LaTeX files[2]
by a single file and create the different versions (Refcard, reference
booklet for A4 and letter paper) depending on the options that are
used to run LaTeX.  Say...

  $ latex gnus-refcard
or
  $ make refcard.dvi

==> refcard (both for letter and a4 paper)

  $ latex '\make-booklet\input{gnus-refcard}'
or
  $ make booklet-a4.dvi

==> booklet for a4 paper

  $ latex '\some-letter-paper-option\make-booklet\input{gnus-refcard}'
or
  $ make booklet-letter.dvi

==> booklet for letter paper

Technically this is no problem, I think.  (Though I'm not sure what is
the best way to implement the \some-letter-paper-option and
\make-booklet command).

Any objection?

At this time I would install the merged LaTeX file in Gnus trunk only,
because we need to wait for the assignment of Felix Natter before
installing it in Emacs.

Bye, Reiner.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/address@hidden
[2] booklet.tex bk-lt.tex bk-a4.tex refcard.tex gnusref.tex
--
       ,,,
      (o o)