Re: Auto-fill-mode bug: unbreakable space lost

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Auto-fill-mode bug: unbreakable space lost
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:34:33 +0900

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:52:47 -0500, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
> I was thinking that C-x 8 is obsolete, but if this is the best way to
> do that, maybe it means C-x 8 is not obsolete.  What do people think?

Why would C-x 8 be obsolete?  What has replaced it?

The various latin-x input methods are certainly not good replacements,
as they're quite a bit more heavyweight and intrusive (my standard
input method is set to Japanese, and I often use C-x 8 to enter the
odd accented letter or symbol into english text).

-miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.