Re: Possible change to startup.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Possible change to startup.el
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 13:44:37 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 23:22:05 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden
>
>     Emacs Tutorial   Learn how to use Emacs efficiently (TUTORIAL TITLE)
>
>     It suggest users to select "Emacs Tutorial" to get the tutorial in their
>     native languages.
>
> What IS the menu item to get the tutorial in the locale-specified
> language?

Help->Emacs Tutorial _is_ such a menu item.  Type "C-h k" followed by
selecting that menu item, and you will see this in the *Help* buffer:

    <menu-bar> <help-menu> <emacs-tutorial> runs the command help-with-tutorial
       which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `help-fns'.
    It is bound to C-h t, <help> t, <menu-bar> <help-menu> <emacs-tutorial>.
    (help-with-tutorial &optional ARG)

    Select the Emacs learn-by-doing tutorial.
    If there is a tutorial version written in the language
    of the selected language environment, that version is used.
    If there's no tutorial in that language, `TUTORIAL' is selected.
    With ARG, you are asked to choose which language.

So I don't understand why Juri says that this is misleading.  Juri,
can you explain?