mouse-1-click-follows-link

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: mouse-1-click-follows-link
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:21:41 +1200

I have set mouse-1-click-follows-link to nil in my .emacs for a while now .  I
found it harder to work out when I need to hold down mouse-1 that bit longer
to not follow a link, than to press mouse-2 when I did want to follow a link
(and this is with a two button mouse which emulates mouse-2).  I was
constantly going places that I didn't want to go and I find the old behaviour
a lot easier.  I realise that I'm less fluent in Emacs than a lot of people on
this list but I'm probably more fluent than the average Emacs user.

If I am the only one who had problems then lets leave it as it is, but if
there are many others who have also set mouse-1-click-follows-link to nil,
perhaps we could make this the default.

Nick