Re: configure-more.zip

From: Kevin Gallagher
Subject: Re: configure-more.zip
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 01:24:19 -0500

A very large number of companies, today, have tied themselves into using Microsoft Outlook coupled with a Microsoft Exchange Server. Outlook has many integrated features, including personal calendars, group calendars, sending and processing meeting invitations, applying digital signatures, applying message encryption/decryption via a company assigned personal key assigned to each employee, etc. For example, when a meeting invititation arrives in the inbox, an entry is placed into the user's calendar with markings to indicate an invitation has been issued but no response has been given. When I visit the message in my inbox, it displays buttons for me to accept, to tentatively accept, or to decline the invitation. If I decline the invitation, the meeting is automatically removed from my schedule.

As far as I know, Emacs has no support for many of these sophisticated features of Outlook. Unless there is a new Emacs mail package with support for Outlook's many features, allowing it to replace Outlook on their PC desktop, many engineers are stuck using Outlook to read and to send email while they are at work.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden>