Re: etc/refcard.tex update.

From: Lute Kamstra
Subject: Re: etc/refcard.tex update.
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:51:29 +0200

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>>> 7. In the section `Info'
>>>
>>> \key{find specified function or variable in Info}{C-h C-i}
>>>
>>> the keybinding `C-h C-i' is not available anymore.
>>
>> Is there a new binding?
>
> Currently `C-h C-i' is unbound.  Some time ago I proposed to bind it
> to `info' to make it easier to enter Info browser (you don't need
> to release the Control key during typing a sequence like `C-2 C-h C-i'),
> but it was rejected with the argument to reserve it for something more
> useful.

What I actually meant was: is there a new binding for the function
formerly bound to C-h C-i.  I checked with on old version of Emacs
that C-h C-i ran info-lookup-symbol and that that function is now
bound to C-h S.  So maybe we should now just list:

  \key{find specified function or variable in Info}{C-h S}

Lute.