Re: completion problems

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: completion problems
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:23:03 -0400

> * Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> [2005-07-15 16:49:56 -0400]:
>
>> I have 3 files:
>> config.h.in
>> config.h.in~
>> configure.in
>
>> C-x C-f c o n TAB
>
>> ==> completed to "config", cursor right after "g" (correct)
>
>> then
>> . TAB
>
>> *Completions* buffer pops up with the 3 files above,
>> and cursor is now between "g" and "."
>
> Is this in `emacs -q --no-site-file' ?
> The behavior you see reminds me of partial-completion-mode.

indeed turning partial-completion-mode off "fixed" the problem.
so now we know what is broken - it is partial-completion-mode,
not the main completion.
(I have had partial-completion-mode enabled for 2+ years and I have
not experienced this weirdness until very recently).

>> (incorrect, I expected a completion to "config.h.in").
> Why not just "config"?

because "config." should complete to "config.h.in" in a directory with 3
files listed above.

thanks for your help!

<http://ffii.org/> <http://www.memri.org/> <http://www.palestinefacts.org/>
<http://pmw.org.il/> <http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.iris.org.il>
There are two kinds of egotists: 1) Those who admit it  2) The rest of us