Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:51:22 -0500 (CDT)

Christian Schlauer wrote:

   But do you read them in the echo area? I disabled tooltip-mode, but
   I'm not used to move my eyes up and down between the mouse pointer
   somewhere in the buffer to the corresponding tooltip displayed in the
   echo area. This is really inconvenient, IMHO.

I personally do not find it inconvenient.  Emacs displays many
messages in the echo area that are worth reading, even if tooltip-mode
is enabled.  So I am used to pay attention to that area.  Moreover, if
something changes on my screen while everything else stays static, my
eyes automatically seem to shift to the area that changed anyway.  For
me this is pretty much an automatic reaction.  There is no conscious
effort involved.

Sincerely,

Luc.