Re: Amendments in calc-units.el

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Amendments in calc-units.el
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 10:56:28 +0900

2005/10/16, Torsten Bronger <address@hidden>:
> Secondly, "point" should be renamed "bp" (big point).  It's not
> *the* point after all (but an invention by Adobe, as far as I know).

I suspect more calc users use postscript points than "real points"...

Probably better to make "pt" / "point" mean postscript point, and add
"typopoint" or something for typographer's points (does anyone even
still use those now that postscript is so widespread?).  Btw where on
earth did the name "bp" come from???  I've never heard it before.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.