Re: prefix-region

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: prefix-region
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:59:00 +0900

2005/10/25, Hrvoje Niksic <address@hidden>:
> I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with those functions, only
> that they are not as useful for this particular purpose as
> `prefix-region' is.

Which purpose though?  I suspect 90% of the time, `comment-dwim' (M-;)
or `indent-rigidly' are really what's wanted, and do the job better
(for instance `comment-dwim' handles mail quoting and commenting-out
of code just about perfectly); adding arbitrary prefixes seems kinda

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.