Re: new apropos feature in Emacs-22

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: new apropos feature in Emacs-22
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:22:05 -0500

    a  command-apropos.  Give a list of words or a regexp, to get a list of
            commands whose names match (they contain two or more of the words,
                                                     ===========
            or a match for the regexp).  See also the  apropos  command.

    I don't understand why two or more of the words, if it is possible to
    give just one word and find a command whose names contains one word.

Because, when you give multiple words, only instances that contain
two or more of the words are shown.

    Maybe more correct text is "they contain one or more of the words".

That would be incorrect, in the case of a list of two or more words.
But I agree this is a problem.  Who can find a correct solution?

    I see there is a new key binding `C-h d' for `apropos-documentation'.
    Wouldn't it be better to reserve `C-h d' for something more useful
    and to bind `apropos-documentation' to a new key prefix `C-h a'?

Things are complex enough already, so I don't want to go that way.