toolbar conventions

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: toolbar conventions
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:36:49 -0800

I just wanted to confirm the correct usage of "toolbar" in Emacs. Its
usage is even less consistent than "menu bar."

By the way, I checked both the O'Reilly style guide and the Microsoft
style guide and both agreed on "menu bar" and "toolbar." Given that
technical terms go from two words, to a hyphenated form, to a single
word, it's likely that's what we're seeing here.

Given that, should we be using "toolbar" in both text and code in
anticipation of a future renaming of tool-bar to toolbar?

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD