Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 01:49:03 +0000 (UTC)

I tried `tumme-show-all-from-dir' but it took a long time.  It was in
a directory with lots of images.  It is vital that you add them
incrementally.

Your limit makes sense the way the function is written now.  My main
image directory has many images in it.  I do not know how others work,
but if they are like me, then in practice, the function will fail
because of directories with lots of images.

Also, it is no good to click on the image to find its name.  That
takes too long.  And that action did not give me the other information
that comes in dired.

gimv does provide the name, size, and date of the image.  Moreover, it
is quicker and works incrementally.

Later, after trying `M-x tumme-dired' again, I switched to another,
non-tumme buffer.  At that point, I lost the window configuration that
had the three tumme buffers.  As far as I know, there is some way to
save such configurations, but I don't know it.

All the tumme commands should work in all the tumme buffers.

   No no. Don't move to the *tumme* buffer before running that command
   (C-t d), run it from the Dired buffer. That should work much much
   better! :)

`tumme-display-thumbs' should run in a regular dired buffer, calling
whatever is necessary the first time.  Currently, that command is
bound to `C-t d', but might be bound differently in the future, a
keybinding that fits with the other dired commands.  You should not
have to run a special `tumme-dired' command.

The good news is that saving a resized image did work.  On my system,
`tumme-temp-image-file' is ~/.tumme/.tumme_temp, so

    cp ~/.tumme/.tumme_temp ~/foo.jpg

That works fine.

--
    Robert J. Chassell