[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 02:48:17 +0200
Gnus/5.110004 (No Gnus v0.4) Emacs/22.0.50 (gnu/linux)
> `M-s C-y' - isearch-yank-kill
> `M-s C-e' - isearch-yank-line
> `M-s C-f' - isearch-yank-char
> `M-s M-f' - isearch-yank-word
> `M-s M-f M-f M-f ...' - yank successive words
> That is an interesting idea too. I somewhat worry about the
> idea of repetition after M-s, since that makes it like a mode.
I think different isearch modes are not necessarily bad. There are
already a few: isearch case-sensitivity mode toggled by M-c, regexp mode
toggled by M-r, search string editing mode entered by M-e.
So a new mode toggled by M-s would be useful too. In this mode
many normal keys should be interpreted specially in isearch context:
all point movement keys C-f/C-b/C-n/C-p, C-a/C-e, M-f/M-b should change the
search string according to the original buffer and the new point location,
i.e. after every point movement set the search string to the buffer's
contents between isearch-other-end and point.
Note that this is a different idea than using `M-s' as a prefix key
like I proposed earlier. I think `M-s' as a key to toggle special mode
is more convenient. It makes easier to type some yanking keys repeatedly.
One disadvantage of this mode is that fewer keys will exit the search.
But its advantages outweigh this disadvantage: in the default isearch mode
we could turn off the special meanings of M-y, C-y, C-w, and in the new
isearch mode use more natural keys for isearch commands.
- Re: faq.texi, (continued)
- Re: faq.texi, Andreas Schwab, 2006/02/16
- Re: faq.texi, Juri Linkov, 2006/02/17
- Re: faq.texi, Miles Bader, 2006/02/18
- Re: faq.texi, Richard M. Stallman, 2006/02/16
- Re: faq.texi, Miles Bader, 2006/02/16
- Re: faq.texi, Robert J. Chassell, 2006/02/15
- Re: faq.texi,
Juri Linkov <=
- Re: faq.texi, Richard M. Stallman, 2006/02/20
- Re: faq.texi, Richard M. Stallman, 2006/02/10
- Re: faq.texi, Eli Zaretskii, 2006/02/11
- Re: faq.texi, Richard M. Stallman, 2006/02/11
- Re: faq.texi, Kevin Rodgers, 2006/02/09
- Re: faq.texi, Eli Zaretskii, 2006/02/09
- Re: faq.texi, Richard M. Stallman, 2006/02/09
- Re: faq.texi, Romain Francoise, 2006/02/08
- Re: faq.texi, Juri Linkov, 2006/02/09
- Re: faq.texi, Romain Francoise, 2006/02/25