Re: Possible memory corruption problem

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Possible memory corruption problem
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:42:19 -0500

    My assessment of the situation was that Emacs got an
    unsuccessful malloc or realloc and didn't notice it. When Emacs gets NULL
    on these it should abort or some such whether there has been a low memory
    warning or not, and apparently it just continued.

Emacs normally calls xmalloc, which tests for failure.  But in that
case it calls plain malloc.  I changed it to call xmalloc in that
case.

Does that fix the problem?