Re: Strange eval-after-load

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Strange eval-after-load
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 19:21:03 -0400

    I don't really understand what the situation is over which control has
    to be got.  It is possible to to use eval-after-load badly, just as it
    is possible to use goto badly.

I want to make sure no additional bad uses are installed, and
meanwhile get rid of the ones that are already installed.

    Rather than banning eval-after-load, why not formulate when it is
    acceptable to use it, and put this advice into the Elisp manual?

Theoretically, there could be good ways to use it in Emacs,
but I do not know of any use which I would describe as good.