Re: address@hidden: Re: View Changes In File failure]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: View Changes In File failure]
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:57:59 -0400

    Can you check that the M-x diff command works properly?  It may be
    that you don't have diff installed.

If Diff is not installed, View Changes in File ought to give a clear
and explicit error message, not present incorrect output.

Maybe it already does.  I think that missing diff is unlikely to be
the cause.  iampure is using GNU/Linux.  It is unlikely that a
GNU/Linux system fails to have diff.

It could be that there's something else wierd about his system.  If
so, we want to find out what it is, and make Emacs cope with it
better.