Re: Build failure under Suse 10.0

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Build failure under Suse 10.0
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 06:17:28 +0200

> Cc: "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:06:15 -0500
>
> For one thing, Richard hasn't sent out his announcement to the
> emacs-pretesters list.  I suggested to him to hold off making the
> announcement: since 22.0.90 contains some obvious bugs that prevent
> compilation on Windows, Mac, and OpenBSD, I think it's better to put
> out a 22.0.91 tarball fixing this problems, so that testers won't
> waste time reporting trivial "Emacs can't compile" bugs that are fixed
> in CVS.

There's no need to postpone the announcement, IMHO: we could send the
pretesters the patches for fixing the bugs.  That is one of the uses
of the emacs-pretesters mailing list.

However, I'm not sure Richard has finished updating the
emacs-pretesters list, based on mail he sent to each person on that
list.