Re: emacsclient: support `/' directory separator on w32

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: emacsclient: support `/' directory separator on w32
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:56:26 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:
Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
But if the buffer in question has its cwd on a different drive, it is
not possible in the buffer to assign meaning to a directory relative
to a different drive.
Unless we store the cwd on each drive in a buffer-local variable, like
we do with default-directory.
Or if we let MS Windows take care of this by setting the working
directory for Emacs as I suggested. (However I am not suggesting to
do that now.)

I suggest we drop the topic.  It does not appear like I am able to
explain the problems with your approach in a manner you'd understand.

I am sorry, David. I realize I have been a bit lacking in clear feedback. Yes, I believe I got your message and that it helped me get a clear picture of how to solve the problem without having to worry about disturbing other parts of Emacs. However I would also be glad to leave the subject to now.