Re: A new(?) warning of erase-buffer, which was not seen before.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: A new(?) warning of erase-buffer, which was not seen before.
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 20:31:37 +0900

address@hidden (Johan Bockgård) writes:
>> I've been working on some patches to comint to do this, by selectively
>> disabling undo at various points, but it's not entirely straight-forward
>> because you then have to fix up the undo list to account for the
>> unrecorded buffer changes.
>
> FWIW, erc.el does this kind of selective undo.

How does it deal with changing buffer locations?

I mean, if you're editing a new command line at the same time that some
text is being output into the buffer by the subprocess, then if you
don't record the subprocess output in the undo list (and you don't want
to), then the buffer positions recorded in buffer-undo-list become
invalid, as they're simply integers (not markers).

My attempted solution was to scan through buffer-undo-list, updating
those position, every time I inserted some "hidden from undo" text.
[This isn't typically a performance problem because _usually_
buffer-undo-list is nil when process output is occuring.]

Thanks,

-Miles

--
[|nurgle|]  ddt- demonic? so quake will have an evil kinda setting? one that
            will  make every christian in the world foamm at the mouth?