Re: html-mode demanding <html> a bit too tight

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: html-mode demanding <html> a bit too tight
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 13:56:04 +0200

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:

>>> I beg to differ. The current situation is very inconvenient and
>>> confusing sometimes when you open for example php files.
>>
>> There have been five years to go about fixing this.  NOW IS NOT THE
>> TIME!!!
>
> If I do not misremember I have mentioned this problem before.

So much the worse.  Well, you did not manage to get it fixed for the
release.  That's in line with a whole lot of other problems and
usability issues.  Too bad.

What do people think we are about to release?  "Emacs 22.1, the editor
without any bugs or problems, with no further improvements possible"?

Emacs is a _large_ system, for crying out loud.  We won't get it
bug-free ever.  The only thing that is supposed to hold up a release
is a _release-critical_ bug.  Having mentioned some problem before
does not make it release-critical.