Re: minibuffer-exit when emacsclient executes Lisp code

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: minibuffer-exit when emacsclient executes Lisp code
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 16:55:15 +0200

On 5/16/07, Károly Lőrentey <address@hidden> wrote:

emacsclient.c and server.el was relatively stable on the trunk for
years, then a few months ago a number of new features have suddenly
started to appear.

You make it sound like that was bad :)

The truth is that emacsclient didn't grok TCP sockets, so it wouldn't
work on Windows, or from a remote machine. Eventually we got feed up
with having to recomend (one of several different and sometimes
conflicting implementations of) gnuclient/gnuserv.

That gave me a few headaches, and if possible I
would like to prevent a similar situation now that the branch is easily
accessible for all Emacs developers.

It is not, for those of us working on Windows.

            Juanma