Re: Things I would like to be added after the release

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Things I would like to be added after the release
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 04:54:31 -0400

    Time will tell, but I believe the form of exntension envisioned
    here will make Emacs' codebase less maintainable over time --

It is just the opposite.  Use of advice makes maintenance difficult.
Practically speaking, if a function has advice, then to change the
function you need to study and maybe change the advice too.  This is
easier if the code is integrated into the function.

Even worse, you may not even know the advice exists, and you may
not think of looking.