[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 01:31:49 -0400
User-agent: Gnus/5.11 (Gnus v5.11) Emacs/22.1.50 (gnu/linux)

> When are you going to declare feature freeze for Emacs 22.2?

The way I'd like to see it, we'd allow package addition (e.g. css-mode) and
other similar changes that "cannot add bugs in the existing features".
We still want to be careful with such additions since they need to be
sufficiently bug-free not to slow down the release process.

I feel like such additions are important for the morale of external
contributors who'd rather not have to wait 3 or more years until their
contributed package appears in a release.

This said, such additions are inherently orthogonal to the unicode merge
(because if they depend on the unicode merge, it means it's too delicate
a package to deserve inclusion in the release branch), so merging unicode
right now would not make it harder to backport such new packages to the
release branch.

I.e. I'm in favor of merging the unicode branch as soon as possible.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]