Re: guided tour suggestions

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: guided tour suggestions
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 19:41:27 +0300

>> The guided tour ... shows an Emacs a) compiled without a modern toolkit
>> (Gtk+, Windows or Mac) b) without menus c) without toolbars d) without
>> scrollbars (for heaven's sake!) e) without font diversity. The only thing
>> hinting at fonts is a man-page f) without file dialogs g) without tooltips h)
>> without any non-ASCII character
>
> When I get a chance, I will make some screenshots with the default UI setup,
> and with more complex formatting/characters.

I think you don't need to redo your existing screenshots that demonstrate
some particular Emacs features, because visual sugar (menus, toolbars and
scrollbars) are irrelevant for these features.  What you need is an
additional screenshot where Emacs GTK is started with `-q' and without `-Q'
because it would be a good idea to make the screenshot from the splash
screen where menus, toolbars and scrollbars are still visible.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/