Re: Patch to change mouse binding for html view in gnus

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Patch to change mouse binding for html view in gnus
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 11:59:57 +0900

>>> However, if I click on a link in an HTML message rendered this way,
>>> the target is displayed using w3m.  I generally don't want this; I
>>> only use w3m in Emacs for specialized things and in other cases I'd
>>> rather use my external web browser.

Reiner> I'm not sure if doing this unconditionally is a good idea.  Shouldn't
Reiner> it be customizable?

> I don't know.  Personally I think this is a good default -- people who
> want to browse extensively in Emacs can set their
> browse-url-browser-function.

> Maybe there are people who want to usually use an external browser but
> then browse using w3m from gnus.  That seems weird to me :), but if
> such people exist then, yeah, this should be customizable.

Isn't it sufficient to use the following?

(setq w3m-goto-article-function #'browse-url)

This is used only when the `w3m-safe-view-this-url' command is
invoked, and normally the `w3m-safe-view-this-url' command is
bound to a certain key only in html articles.