Re: Patch to change mouse binding for html view in gnus

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Patch to change mouse binding for html view in gnus
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 13:33:04 +0900

>>>>> In <address@hidden> Tom Tromey wrote:
>>>>>> "Katsumi" == Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden> writes:

Katsumi> Isn't it sufficient to use the following?
Katsumi> (setq w3m-goto-article-function #'browse-url)

> I'm afraid I'm not a w3m expert (or a gnus expert for that matter :-).
> If this is what you would prefer I am happy to send a new patch.
> Just let me know.

I recalled I wrote the same suggestion to you last month. ;-)
See: http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.emacs.w3m/thread=6852

TSUCHIYA Masatoshi implemented this variable in Jan 2004 for the
other purpose (to bind it to a certain Lisp function in
nnshimbun.el[1]), but it is just the thing for people like you.

Though I don't represent a majority (because I am a member of
the emacs-w3m team), I am satisfied with the nil value of this
variable.  I've set `w3m-make-new-session' to t in order to make
emacs-w3m pop a new tab up when Gnus (or other) requires to
visit a web page.  There is no much case for which I want to use
an external browser.  In such a case, I will type `M' in the
emacs-w3m buffer.  Anyway, I don't think it is necessary to set
it to a certain value in Gnus.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.w3m/3797