Re: Saving the selection before killing

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Saving the selection before killing
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 01:54:44 +0300

>       What you have to
>     keep in mind is that it inserts the text as the "last but one" element, so
>     just C-y is not affected, it's only the subsequent M-y which is changed.
>     So the only case which may cause problem is when the user wanted to do C-y
>     followed by N times M-y where she'd then need to use M-y N+1 times.
>
> Yes -- but that could still potentially annoy.
>
> I think it would be useful for people to try this out and report on
> how often it is useful, and whether it surprises them.

I like this patch very much.  That is what I needed for many years.
But I think asking people to try it out will not result in many responses.
People who like it will start using it silently, and people who don't like
probably will not try it.  The only way to get more opinions is to install it
and wait for a reaction.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/