Re: mouse-autoselect-window

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: mouse-autoselect-window
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 23:00:19 +0200

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:07:01 +0200 martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:

> What happens if you additionally select the frame in
> `handle-select-window'?  Like
>
>       (when mouse-autoselect-window
>         ;; Run `mouse-leave-buffer-hook' when autoselecting window.
>         (run-hooks 'mouse-leave-buffer-hook)
>         (unless focus-follows-mouse
>           ;; Make sure frame is raised when autoselecting window and
>           ;; we assume that the window manager does not autoraise the
>           ;; frame of window.
>           (select-frame (window-frame window))
>           (raise-frame (window-frame window))))

With this and with mouse-autoselect-window set to t, moving the mouse
to another Emacs frame of the same session immediately raises and
focusses it.  That is the same as when I set the KDE focus policy to
focus follows mouse -- but since I have the policy set to focus
follows click, I would not expect Emacs to behave differently.

With mouse-autoselect-window set to a number, the behavior is the same
as I described in my previous message, i.e., raising only with split
windows but only in alternation and not focussing.  In other words,
here select-frame has no effect.

Steve Berman