Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 23:01:08 +0200

>     Richard, you have accused about half a dozen different Emacs
>     contributors of hostility by now and have threatened a number of
>     things, from ignoring people to ominous warnings about actions you'll
>     take.
>
> I do not take kindly to insults, so if you try to make me change
> my mind by insulting me, I won't.

Do you want me to support the above statement with quotes?  I wish I
couldn't.

> To make an argument which incorporates a premise that I've already
> said I think is wrong is not useful as an argument.  So if you keep
> repeating such arguments, I can only interpret this as an attempt to
> bully me.  I won't give in to bullying, so you may as well stop it.

How can I bully someone who has the absolute power of decision and
makes use of it?  At most I can annoy you.  While it is obvious that I
indeed annoy you, it is a consequence rather than the purpose of our
difference, and you can rest assured that this annoyance is quite
mutual.  Neither of us can help feeling strongly about this issue it
would appear.  And it is not encouraging that there is no feedback
about the technical solutions I am proposing in order to address your
concerns.