RE: Problems with setting face attributes for specific frames

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Problems with setting face attributes for specific frames
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 11:17:45 -0700

>     I don't understand all of what you're proposing or what the
>     problem is that you're fixing. I think you're proposing removing
>     the FRAME arg from `set-face-attribute' (perhaps among other
>     changes). Is that correct?
>
> Yes.

OK, but I still don't understand the problem that you're fixing. Could you
perhaps summarize it?

>     I assume that we would still have
>     `modify-face', in any case, right?
>
> With THIS change, we would still have `modify-face' but it would
> not take a FRAME argument.
>
> I also made a separate proposal to abolish `set-face-attribute' entirely,
> along with all the other functions that operate at the same level.
> That would mean abolishing `modify-face'.

I use both `set-face-attribute' and `modify-face' in my code. I do not use
the FRAME parameter with either, but I do use these functions to change
faces globally.

I do not understand (1) the problem you are solving or (2) how, after your
changes, we will modify faces, that is, how we will do what we do now with,
say, `modify-face'. Could you please explain that a bit?

I have no problem with doing things in a different way, but I would have a
problem with not being able to change face attributes in some (selective)
way.