Re: [Fwd: Frame Height Different for Default Frame and Additional Frames

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Frame Height Different for Default Frame and Additional Frames]
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 12:29:06 -0400

    > The obvious (but more difficult) would be to read all startup lisp before
    > creating the first frame.

    It's not that difficult.  The first frame created is `terminal-frame' anyway
    and this one does not need any information from .emacs.  Currently we create
    a second (X11, or w32, or mac, or tty) frame and delete the `terminal-frame'
    before reading the .emacs but we could do that later.

One concern here is handling errors.  Error messages that occur before
the really intended frame is set up kill Emacs.  That is implemented
in cmd_error_internal.