Re: choice for the new emacs icon

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: choice for the new emacs icon
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 22:42:59 -0800

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
  > >   > What's wrong with the "new Emacs icon" that we adopted for Emacs 22?
  > >
  > > The icons posted are not new, they are further refinements of
  > > emacs/etc/images/icons/emacs*.png AFAIR they were discussed before
  > > being checked in.
  >
  > Those icons in the tree say "..._mac.png" -- i.e., they're for the mac,
  > and thus I suspect off most peoples' radar.

There was also some discussion of using the same icons on all platforms.
Which is desirable, we want users to recognize the emacs icon on all
platforms.

  > [OSX both has somewhat different conventions (e.g. pen == editor), and
  > seems to generally use much larger icons that other systems (so the
  > tradeoffs are different).

We'll get a complete set of icons of different sizes. And from what I've
seen in a previous iteration they are not just scaled optically, a lot
of attention was payed to the details...

  > These new icons look very "OSX"...]

Which would be a positive thing, isn't it?