Fwd: Improving X selection?

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Fwd: Improving X selection?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 18:44:07 +0000

On 07/02/2008, Stephen J. Turnbull <address@hidden> wrote:

> (2) I expect it will be important to uptake that any behavior be
>     substantially mimicked on non-X platforms if at all possible.

Indeed.  That is why I indirected through two new interprogram-
functions rather than using direct x-isms, so that other platforms
(already supplying
their own interprogram-cut/paste as noted elsewhere) could conceivably
supply their own interprogram-highlight/lightins  to have a stab at
emulating the behaviour (dunno if it's possible to e.g. find and grab
currently highlighted text from other apps with w32 or OSX API, but
maybe it is via accessibility or services APIs or something - if it
is, then a partial emulation of PRIMARY for incoming text would be
possible)