Re: emacs 23.0.60.1 built today (11th feb 2008) crashes under Vista

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: emacs 23.0.60.1 built today (11th feb 2008) crashes under Vista
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:40:33 +0000

Eric Lilja wrote:
0x77df986b in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x77df986b in ?? ()
#1  0x01080f6b in init_user_info ()
#2  0x01083754 in init_environment ()
#3  0x0100260e in main ()
(gdb)

It helps a bit. I don't know whether its the absence of source/object files on the machine where this is being debugged, the flags used to build Emacs, or an incompatibility between mingw and cygwin but the backtrace is missing file and line number information. The file I can work out (w32.c), but if the line number was there it would be more apparent what was going wrong.